Nearly a year ago, I raised the alarm about increased spending by the City of Sammamish. At that time, I identified at least $100 million in spending and that the City could be on a path to tax increases.
Here’s what I identified in May 2014:
- Community Center: $35 million and probably more.
- Developing the former YMCA property next to Pine Lake School, at a cost of $15 million proposed in the park plan.
- Sahalee Road improvements at an unidentified cost, but probably in the low millions at the least.
- Millions of dollars in the park plan for the Sammamish Landing, the Pigott property and more.
- Klahanie Annexation: $32 million for road improvements and who knows what else on top of this, almost certainly amounting to tens of millions of dollars more.
- Widening Issaquah-Pine Lake Road at a cost of $16.5m.
- Rebuilding “Snake Hill Road” (it’s really 212th Ave. SE, down the windy, snake-like drive to East Lake Sammamish Parkway): Millions of dollars.
- Desires to take over the Northeast Sammamish and Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer Districts: tens of millions of dollars, at a minimum.
- Town Center improvements.
- And this is on top of the normal operations of the city, including millions of dollars for road maintenance, parks, services and overhead.
Let’s update these: Continue reading