By Miki Mullor
The City of Sammamish has launched its long waited Transportation Master Plan (TMP), to help achieve the city’s goals over the next 20 years.
“The TMP will provide a strategic framework and prioritized investments to help improve how we get around town,” says the city’s web site.
“We want to continue to hear from the community to better understand transportation needs and priorities. “
The city is conducting an online survey as well as several “pop up” workshops for citizens to voice their input.
- Pop-up Office at National Night Out: August 06 2019
- Pop-up Office at Sammamish Farmers Market: August 07 2019
- Public Workshop #1 of 3: August 15 2019
- Pop-up Office at Sammamish Party on the Plat!: August 17 2019
So far, only 11 citizens responded to the online survey. Citizens who were looking for additional capacity option to address congestion will be disappointed to not find that on the survey.
The city’s contemplated solutions for congestion are:
- Synchronizing traffic lights.
- Staggering work and school schedules.
- Encourage transit use.
The survey is open and available on the city’s website: https://connect.sammamish.us/transportation-master-plan