By Miki Mullor
Karen Howe has filed for candidacy for City Council seat 4, opposing Ryika Hooshangi. Howe ran in the last election and lost to Deputy Mayor Karen Moran.
On her website, Howe lists the following as her top issues:
- Champion parks and natural spaces; prioritize completion of the park’s 6-year capital improvement plan
- Provide safe roads, sidewalks and bike paths + enhance all public transportation options
- Broaden regional outreach to ensure Sammamish resident’s interests are represented
- Leverage my experience in child and youth advocacy to serve our youngest community members
- Utilize my business background to ensure prudent and transparent management of funds